This weekend's update:
1) I got started on making a couple copper Crosses. I base them off on online tutorial I have found. Although my wire is a little stiff to get it to bend fluidly. It's probably the size of the wire I'm using and the copper material is more rigid than the wire they were using in my example. I'm thinking of selling some, and giving some away as gifts. Tell me what you think of them?
2) Winchester Model 1897
A couple of weekends ago I came across this old shot gun. Let's just say the price was right... I am definitely my dad's son... I saved it from a pile of junk, and a potentially being thrown out. I got plenty of silly looks seeing a future in the pile of rust. This weekend my son and I went on a quick journey around town to a few gun shops. We were greeted with many funny looks, and a few people who didn't belong selling guns. That's for another time though. :) On the way out of the last shop we made a new friend. Someone who saw the same potential in this gun as I had. He even offered to buy it, but was also, encouraging us as a father son restoration project. I put a little bit of elbow grease into it, and some lubricant, and I think I have everything moving as it should. As far as I can tell its complete minus one screw and the butt plate. Updates to come later!!
Two very nice projects!
ReplyDelete